Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Another 1500 miles or more on my car

Wow, two weeks...It seems like a lifetime ago since I last checked in.

So, we visited all the places mentioned in the previous blog, and then some to boot. I was in an HEB in Austin stocking up on of the more difficult items to localize of toilet papyrus, when I had an urge to buy some tasty looking grapes...I even picked them up, but something was riveted in me, deep...dark. Even sinister. That guided my hand to bring the grapes back to their resting spot on the fruit stand. No longer can I buy any old food any more, I am around enough local food economies that I cannot spend money that will immediately go out of state. But wait! I'm not so much of a purist that I'll turn down someone cooking me a meal in Wimberly that she learned how to make from her Thai roommates back in college...no. That would be just silly. Or turn my nose to foods at glorious Sacred Acre potlucks...this is just solely related to the dollars that come out of my wallet and into the hands of someone for the sake of food. The only thing different is that now that someone needs to be local, or if it's not farm direct, a local business. Exceptions can still be made...

I am getting used to drinking dairy again though, but raw cow's milk is well worth it. Something I noticed this evening is that when other people (raw foodies even) are experiencing allergic reactions to things in the air, the extra mucilaginous substances within my nasal cavities serve a vital role in being a blanket of protection for my otherwise weak and pathetic lungs. Can you tell I'm a little brain fried and sleep deprived? Ooh, rhyming and everything, I should be a rapper or something. I'd totally get on the list of shortest lived careers.

Well, the 'Transition Texas Initiative' by the team is slowly but surely gaining momentum. Up until this point I haven't spoken of our work in those terms, but it has been a process for me to understand the complexity and scope of this prject. It is no less than a project of truly Texan proportions. There is a considerable amount of local living already happening in the Austin area, so there we have to take a stance of...how can we best interface with the current movements to inspire the next level of change? That could be as simple as providing frequented businesses in the area all their veggies from a local farm. And seriously, I don't think I even want to start delving into how complicated it could potentially be...what an energy sink! :P Though for less happenin' places, like um...the rest of Texas... it could be a little more massive, but networking with local landowners to boost or create CSA's and providing whatever concerned local restaurants and grocery stores with high quality local produce is an excellent first step. As we gain more momentum however, attention to how we operate our agents and goals begin to become an issue of much more concern. Staying in alignment and in tune with each other is getting more challnging wuth the growth of the entity. So, much fun stuff lies ahead.

Wow! I just got sidetracked for a few hours...oops. Turns out that there is some crazy things on youtube...and to think that I used to like namu namu...ah i can't lie, I would still totally rock out to it. Breakdancing is fun too.

Yay reconnection to another one of the Raw Spirit Fest Crew! Yeah! Woooooooo!!! Whenever you guys come down to Texas y'all are gonna have a blast! I've found some great places in the past couple months! I can't get enough Kundalini in nowadays!

There is some big stuff going on right now...but I don't want to disclose too much of it because of the stage we're at right now...no need to count your eggs before they hatch. So...maybe we'll make a documentary about it someday or something. Hey, we know people who do that...cool.

Ok. Enough vagueness for one day. I got to climb in a school bus engine the other day...that was fun, there was a mud dobber nest in the carbeurator...not very conducive to fuel efficiency i'd say but..it's just a personal condition. Then someone else had a blown headlight in their car and we stopped at...*cringe* walmart...because it was late and we didn't want to get pulled over everything thirty minutes....oh...the sacrifices we must make sometimes...so in the same day I got my hands in two entirely opposite vehicles (the car was a Toyota Echo). Yay rudimentary car maintenance knowledge! Woohoo! Those days watching a friend work on my car and passing him tools has payed off a little! But it always has really.

Ok. Not very informative and productive discussion going right now...it'd be fun to talk about a couple of workshops I attended at the Sacred Acre recently about awakening the Light Body and about the 4 agreements from a student of Don Miguel Ruiz. Very cool. That''s an inside joke for some... :)

But I don't want to right now, so if I don't in a couple of weeks, then bug me if your curious. I can't deny requests.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you don't even know how inspiring this is...