Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mexico!

You heard it! Mexico! Monterray to be exact...and yet, I am in an internet place posting a blog...well, that´s what vacations are for! Catching up! So...why you may ask, am in Mexico?

I got an all expenses paid trip from this Sunday to this Friday to accompany a man who I am starting a farm with, Richard, for surgery in Monterray, because it is less than one third of the price down here than up there, and from where we live in the hill country it is less than an 8 hour drive...I couldn´t even make it through west texas in that time!

Wow, uno hora can go by quick, cursed facebook and reading other peoples blogs! My friends Celeste and Keith are in Nuevo Zealando (haha!) and are woolfing, sick stories of idyllic lives! Wunderbar!

So, its really smoggy down here, we are at the base of the Sierra Madre Oriental mountains and in the middle of the day I can barely see them! Unfortunate. The British American Tobacco company has a huge plant down here I walked by the other day, I was on the sidewalk walking right by the wall that shielded me from the power plant...the sound that it created! It is a wonder, that for one, we have created such devices, and then also a wonder that we even use such diabolical creations...everything around me vibrated and filled my ears and body such that I was a leaf in the ocean of white noise.

I´m only supposed to be on this computer for one hour at a time...dóh! our hotel is just down the street so I´ll be back and actually tell more stories about our adventures thus far! I´ll go into detail, don´t worry! :) Plus sharing all that I am thinking of and processing at the moment. One of the best things about this experience is that it is giving my brain a much needed time to go through a lot of different things and help me iterate to the next part of my creation. Many wonderful developments! Much string cuttings, molting, as it were. So...with that, I´ll bid adieu for a day.

No comments: