Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dreams

So...I love awesome dreams. Sometimes, when I feel sad, and not like a nerd, I have a dream, or remember having a dream, that reminds me, that the truth that runs in my blood is as thick as wildflower honey from the local bees...that I am, and always will be, a total nerd. I mean, who else would have dreams about having to change the Tyrannosaur's pasture? Yes, even the tyrannosaurs deserve new land to graze, or cattle, I guess in this instance, once in awhile. Fencing costs would be out the window though...Though I have to wonder how the 'ol Rex ended up in the same pasture, I guess the 'airlock' pasture/gate method got switched up...damn that lackey! After he roared at me as I was running behind the wood pile I woke up, and then in that half awake still dreaming state I had a beowolfian battle and betook the Tyrannosaur of his life with my bare hands and a combat knife, or a sharp piece of wood, i don't remember. Nice, I love listening to dramatic operatic metal while writing blogs.

Though the most recent dream I had was yet another amalgamation of inputs...There was this pod that transported between realities/worlds/universes or something, and I was a part of an awesome group of jedi type yogi peeps that went around these realities and spread total awesomeness all around, though we were attacked in one zone and I had to fix it, but I couldn't quite fix it fast enough, we kept on getting attacked everywhere we went. Mmmm...interesting, I could interpret that...if I wanted to. (Side tangent, I was given a Cypress Valley Canopy Tour bandana earlier, so now I have an official CVCT headband, I feel totally badass now) The funny part is that the pod that we traveled in reminded me of a camping lantern that I have, except, giant. The controls on it to shift realities were oddly like the ones on the tractor too...Fun times. After that it shifted to me working some dead end night shift job down in mexico, where i drove a little old VW bug around...Curious. What I find fascinating about dreams is the amount of interconnectedness of all the images, which I couldn't ever describe without explaining how all my neural pathways worked, which would require that I know a damn thing about it. Dude, Pandora has shown me about Within Temptation, an awesome- you guessed it- Operatic Metal band with an awesome female vocalist. Dude, with this headband I look like some sort of blonde root vegetable. Its awesome. Already time to start planting the fall crops! Can't believe its already here!

It is quite curious, things are getting done, faster than ever before even, but I still feel somehow frustrated and behind the 8-ball on things. Like in Star Trek: Nemesis, what separates Picard from his evil clone is that he strives to be more than he is. That is our greatest gift, to strive to make our lives more than what they are. To do that though, sometimes we have to clear old debris though, I have been experiencing an incredible amount of rage lately. Like screaming into my pillow until I'm hoarse and breaking hammers by hitting them on rocks. Something neat though, is that if you use the blade end of a maul against rocks they'll spark, and then break. Totally awesome.

Our totally awesome friend Tihliegh gave me an iPod shuffle as early birthday present, which has been amazing. Been listening to some CD's that my pagan brothers out in New Mexico sent me, which are really amazing. I was surprised though, the little shuffle is a resilient little dude, I left him in the car with the sun roof open and then, of all nights it actually rained, which has been rare around here lately. Awesomely enough though the little dude- Ivan, I shall call him, in memory of an awesome cat belonging to Max (that name should always be said in a commanding, robust voice)-made it. This is why I have not sought out having nice things in the way of electronics in my life. But am very greatful that they are there. Woohoo!

Well I suppose I could ramble on for awhile, but I'll the worn reader the trouble. Last note: I finished screening in my porch today, which I've been wanting to do....oh, since I move out here. So that was a victory. For sure. Funny thing is, once I started, I was done before the end of the afternoon. There are still many steps to be completed, like adding a screen door. Right now the patio is like an added side room onto the house with screens for walls. Which is kinda neat, I imagine that I am on a balcony of my flying castle...

3 comments:

Billy von Raven said...

Max and I think you always look like a blond root vegetable. And Max says "I'm shocked that you named your iPod after my dead cat. Hopefully it will not be eaten by a large bird of prey." love Billy and Max

Ariel von Raven said...

Ironically enough...I totally forgot that I named my iPod Ivan. It's a good name. And, it would be quite a day when large birds of prey are interested in plastic and silicon devices.

Ariel von Raven said...

Oh, and if you thought I looked like a blonde root vegetable before...I swear you'll have to do a double take for thinking I'm an giant, mutated, walking, albino turnip.