Thursday, February 12, 2009

Friends New Zealand is Totally Brutal

Dudes and dudinettes, seriously, check this out:

http://zealandinthenewd.blogspot.com/2009/02/when-searching-for-golden-fleece-beware.html

Sigh...I want the whole world to be like that...is that too much to want? I don´t care if it is, it is worth it!

So...this morning started out rather bleak, in a stream of consciousness about the big city that I didn´t break until halfway to Saltillo on the bus...this is a nicer city, much smaller and has a more open feel to it. There are actually shops and such here that I could buy some boots, another hat, or a mexican blanket or poncho...nothing really struck me as something I just had to have...more blankets are always neato...so I guess I could get one...but I have no drawing to spend money on such a thing. Ah well. Hmmm...in a library in Saltillo right now, wonder how long I can get away with using this computer. A pigeon shat on my notebook earlier while sitting in the park this library is in. I am just grateful that he didn´t poop on my grapefruit that I was eating. Frikkin pigeons, they are pretty awesome..and earlier this morning it was one of the few things that seemed peaceful to concentrate on was pigeons strutting around.

So last night I wandered around with Richard in the club district in Monterray, he became tired and went home and continued wandering aimlessly...I kept feeling this pull towards an area that I had already covered...and I was resistant at first. There was a neat cafe that was about to open at 7pm, and it was about 6:45, so I continued wandering down the street feeling that I was missing something but not knowing what. I ran across a telefono publica and then immediately ran into a fire hydrant, ow knee. Still hurts a little bit...I took a break thinking what I was doing, I´m in a big city in a foreign country and feeling bored, what the heck? I was right by the phone and had a few minutes on the calling card...debated a long time if I should just use it up and say hi to someone, went through a long list of who I would call, and even if I should call anybody. Finally went to pick up the phone and dial a number...and it didn´t work. Aha! Should´ve just went for it and not used all that brain energy debating, the universe had a plan for me that evening that I was just minutes away from discovering. I started pseudo-limping down the street further and spotted the black fronted building with red trim...one of my favourite color schemes...and heard it...the sweet sound of metal guitar riffs, filling the air with majesty and glee. Hardwired, my gut knew, it had its radar primed, I wandered, trusting it, and was not disappointed. I sat, listened, not a bad guitar player, they must have been doing a sound check I thought for later on tonight since it is still early...I leaned against the building for a moment. The scale was major, which I have been increasingly drawn to lately, having spent many years preferring the darker sound of the minor scale. Filled with excitement for the night, I started back up the street to go see if I could grab some 'expresso' as it is called here. The cafe was open and had a rather nice vibe, kinda of jazz-techno-air style of music...sounds weird I know but it actually wasn´t. So I brainstormed for a bit about how a whole bunch of my homies should plan a trip to Europe next summer and how I could do that financially. Turns out that I only have to make 500 dollares a week for the next 16 months to....pay off all my debt...have 5k for a trip to Europe, have living money until then, and have a 3k cushion to come back to...that doesn´t include getting a private pilots license though I realized today...which is ok because I doubt I would really spend $5k in europe...though I´m sure I could if I allowed myself to...whee?

So after espresso and water, I headed back to the hotel room to drop off my jacket and extra money since...it would be warm in the club and I'd be out on the streets late at night. When I finally made it back to the club, in my cowboy attire, fitting in with the all in black metalheads like a charm, I discovered they were only practicing, and were really playing the next night...or tonight...Yes! I´m still just as ready. Though I don´t know that I´ll type up the stream of consciousness that I went through earlier today right now, but I will and I definitely feel that metal has helped me break through the suffocation and suppression of current global industrial material culture. Thank you, gods of metal. I´ll always know in my heart without that energy, I would not be so balanced in a world where suffering, ignorance, and obedient followership is so prevalent. I am my own person, full of spirit, and that is enough to create a better world through hard work and diligence.

Apparently, mexican poliza cruise around with their lights for shits and giggles...goin nowhere, not pulling anyone over, just cruisin, with their lights on...very peculiar.

hmmm...until nnext post! I´m going to wander and gawk at pretty buildings in Saltillo and make my way back to the bus station...maybe get some food somewhere along the way...I said I wanted to stay away from fried foods, but some tacos seem kinda tasty right now. yum. We´ll see what I turn up ya? Sweet. I think I will get a blanket, I haven´t always been super cozy and toasty while in the city, ironically enough, don´t lug my extreme cold sleeping bag everywhere I go...

1 comment:

traveling wonders said...

Ola Cola! Hey hey thanks for the plug! Wow mexico sounds really exciting... don't drink the water. i hope you are well and smiling brightly. Thanks for keeping in touch. Kepp working to male Tejas green friendly and give my love to all your familia. Much love and many blessings,
celeste